“Cleaning out the old to make room for the new” is saying that sounds much like a cliché, right? But that saying does not ring more true than on THIS day.
In the past couple of days, so many old things have left my house, but they were all went out for very good causes:
- Someone gained a place of comfort and peaceful rest
- A cute little family gained the ability to sustain their child while on the “go”
- Others gained items that would assist in making home a functional, clean, comfy, and special place
- Others gained the opportunity to dress their homes in creative ways
- And another gained the ability to add real value to their dwelling place.
Sometimes, in our letting go of the “old” that once added value and meaning to our lives, we gain so much more as we allow God to cleanse and renew old spaces.
One would imagine that in cleaning out old or cluttered spaces, that there would be no intention of filling it with something else. But sometimes, the Lord has you clean out that old space to allow Him to fill it with something new, more valuable and more useful in this new season of your life.
As I write, I write this in hopeful anticipation, waiting as the Lord fills our new spaces with what it is that He chooses.
Will you clean out the old and allow God to place something new in it’s space?
– P.S., Kaye –