Hi There Friends, Thanksgiving is a time where we pull out our most favorite recipes that we’ve reserved for this special day of gathering and sharing in gratitude for all of God’s blessings. Today, I’m going to share with you one of my favorite recipes I’ve brought to my Thanksgiving table – and a few times year-round, too.
I’ve always loved sweet potato pie and candied yams. This recipe just allows you to get a little taste of dessert in the savor. It’s also hearty and light and only requires 3 ingredients.
- 3-4 Large Sweet Potatoes
- Brown Sugar
- Unsalted Butter
Now, if you want to go a little lighter, substitute brown sugar for 2-3 TBS Agave Nectar and in the place of butter add in about 1/4 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk to fluff them up a bit and help them keep their smooth texture. Adjust to your taste preference.
- Bake sweet potatoes at 425 – 450 degrees for 45 minutes or until soft
- Remove sweet potatoes from baking tray and safely remove the skins (caution: Hot!). Place each sweet potato in a large mixing bowl
- Add 2 – 3 TBS unsalted butter
- Add a heaping ¼ cup OR scant ½ cup brown sugar
- Whip on medium for about 20 – 30 seconds or until your mixture is smooth and defined
Place in your fave serving dish and garnish with pecans if you’d like!
Embrace God’s changes as He sets them before you, my friend, and I assure you that He will bring you new hope that lives again.
– Kaye Howard –